Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Your Apple ID Email Address
Changing your Apple ID email address is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps.
Step 1: Log into your Apple ID account page. You can do this by visiting the Apple ID website and entering your current Apple ID and password.
Step 2: Once you are logged in, select the “Edit” button next to the “Apple ID and Primary Email Address” section.
Step 3: Enter the new email address you would like to use as your primary Apple ID email address in the provided field.
Step 4: Select “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page to confirm your new email address.
Step 5: You will receive an email at both your old and new addresses with a verification link that must be clicked on before you can use it as an official Apple ID login credential. Click on this link from either of these emails to verify it is indeed yours, then click “Verify Address” when prompted by the website.
Step 6: Once verified, log out of your account page and log back in using only your new primary email address as username or password (whichever one you chose). Your old credentials will no longer work for logging into this account page, but they may still be used for other services such as iTunes or iCloud if they were previously linked with this same account profile prior to changing it here today.
How to Update Your Apple ID Email Address Without Losing Access to Your Account
If you need to update the email address associated with your Apple ID, you can do so without losing access to your account. Here’s how:
1. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your current Apple ID and password.
2. Select “Edit” next to the Account section of the page, then select “Change Email Address” from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Enter a new email address twice in the fields provided, then select “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
4. You will be asked to verify your identity by entering a verification code sent via text message or email (depending on which method you choose). Once you have entered this code correctly, select “Verify Address” at the bottom of the page and follow any additional instructions that appear onscreen until you are returned back to your account settings page where it will now show your updated email address associated with your Apple ID account profile information section at top of screen .
5. Your new email address is now associated with your Apple ID account and all future communications from Apple will be sent there instead of any previous addresses used for this purpose .
Tips for Making Sure You Don’t Lose Access When Changing Your Apple ID Email Address
1. Make sure you have access to the email address associated with your Apple ID before changing it. You will need to verify the new address by entering a code sent to the old one.
2. Update any other accounts that use your Apple ID email address, such as iCloud, iTunes, and App Store accounts. This will ensure that you can still access these services after changing your Apple ID email address.
3. If you are using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, make sure to update this information with the new email address as well so that you can continue receiving security codes when logging in from a new device or location.
4. Before making any changes, make sure all of your devices are backed up and synced with iCloud so that none of your data is lost during the transition process.
5. After making changes to your Apple ID email address, log out of all devices and then log back in using the updated credentials for each device separately so that they are all linked correctly with the new account information and settings remain intact across all devices connected to it..