Step-by-Step Guide to Taking Partial Screenshots on Samsung Chromebooks
Taking partial screenshots on Samsung Chromebooks is a great way to capture specific parts of your screen without having to take a full screenshot. This guide will walk you through the steps for taking partial screenshots on your Samsung Chromebook.
1. Open the Chrome browser and navigate to the page or image you want to capture.
2. Press and hold down the “Ctrl” and “Shift” keys, then press the “Window Switcher” key (located in between Ctrl and Alt).
3. Your cursor will change into a crosshair shape; click and drag it across the area of your screen that you want to capture in your screenshot.
4. When you have selected all of the desired content, release your mouse button; this will save an image file of what was captured onto your Downloads folder as a PNG file format with a timestamp as its name (e.g., Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 10:45 AM).
5. To view or edit this screenshot, open up Files from within Chrome OS, then select Downloads from within Files; here you can find all of your saved screenshots for easy access!
How to Capture Specific Areas of Your Screen with a Partial Screenshot on Samsung Chromebooks
Taking a partial screenshot on a Samsung Chromebook is an easy process. With just a few simple steps, you can capture specific areas of your screen and save them for later use.
First, press the “Ctrl” and “Shift” keys at the same time, then press the “Window Switcher” key (the one with three squares). This will open up the screenshot tool.
Next, select the area of your screen that you want to capture by clicking and dragging your mouse over it. Once you have selected the desired area, release your mouse button to take a partial screenshot of that area.
Finally, click on “Save” in order to save your partial screenshot as an image file on your Chromebook. You can also choose to copy it directly into another application or share it with others via email or social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter.
By following these steps, you can easily take partial screenshots of specific areas of your screen on Samsung Chromebooks in no time!
Q1: How do I take a partial screenshot on my Samsung Chromebook?
A1: To take a partial screenshot on your Samsung Chromebook, press the “Ctrl” and “Shift” keys at the same time, then press the “Window Switcher” key (the one with three squares). This will open up an overlay that allows you to select which part of the screen you want to capture. Once you have selected your desired area, click “Capture” and your partial screenshot will be saved in your Downloads folder.
Q2: What file format are screenshots saved in on my Samsung Chromebook?
A2: Screenshots taken on a Samsung Chromebook are typically saved as PNG files.