Step-by-Step Guide to Taking Partial Screenshots on an iMac
Taking partial screenshots on an iMac is a great way to capture only the most important parts of your screen. This guide will walk you through the steps of taking a partial screenshot on an iMac.
1. Open the application or window that you want to take a screenshot of.
2. Press and hold down the Command, Shift, and 4 keys at the same time on your keyboard. Your cursor will turn into crosshairs with pixel coordinates at the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Move your cursor to one corner of what you want to capture in your screenshot and click and drag it diagonally across until it covers all that you want in your screenshot image. You can also press and hold down the spacebar while dragging if you need to move or adjust what is being captured in your image without having to start over again from scratch each time you make an adjustment.
4. When finished, release all keys and mouse buttons simultaneously; this will save a .png file with a timestamp as its name onto your desktop automatically for easy access later on if needed for editing or sharing purposes later on down the line!
How to Capture Specific Areas of Your Screen with a Partial Screenshot on an iMac
Taking a partial screenshot on an iMac is a great way to capture specific areas of your screen. This can be useful for sharing information with others or for creating tutorials. Here are the steps to take a partial screenshot on an iMac:
1. Open the application you want to take a screenshot of and arrange it as desired.
2. Press Command + Shift + 4 simultaneously on your keyboard, which will turn your cursor into crosshairs.
3. Click and drag the crosshairs over the area you want to capture in your screenshot, then release the mouse button when finished selecting the area you want to capture.
4. Your Mac will automatically save the image as a .png file on your desktop with “Screen Shot” followed by date and time in its name (e.g., Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 10:00 AM). You can also copy it directly onto your clipboard by pressing Control while dragging over the desired area instead of releasing mouse button after step 3 above, then paste it into any application that supports images such as Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, or even upload it directly onto social media platforms like Twitter or Instagram!
Q: How do I take a partial screenshot on my iMac?
A: To take a partial screenshot on your iMac, press Command + Shift + 4. This will bring up the crosshair cursor. You can then click and drag to select the area you want to capture. When you release the mouse button, your selection will be saved as an image file on your desktop.